The LIVE UNITED Brooklyn Bridge Walk and Festival
Saturday, September 29, 2012
Check-in: 8:30 a.m.
Opening Ceremony: 9:45 a.m.
Walk: 10 a.m.
Festival: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
We expect several thousand New Yorkers to join us in the walk and at the - make sure you're one of them!
- Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. at Foley Square in downtown Manhattan, just steps from the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Individual walkers, families and teams are required to check-in before the walk and pick up their T-shirts, if they have not already done so on one of our pre-event T-shirt distribution days. (Dates to be announced.)
- Team members should arrange to meet at least a half-hour before the walk begins at a prearranged meeting point in Foley Square or surrounding neighborhood.
- The Bridge Walk kicks off with an Opening Ceremony at 9:45 a.m. in Foley Square in downtown Manhattan.
- The walk, starting in Foley Square,, crossing the Brooklyn Bridge, and ending in Cadman Plaza Park in Brooklyn, is about 1.5 miles in length.
- The Festival in Cadman Plaza Park begins at 11 a.m. and will continue until 1 p.m.
- If you know someone who cannot attend the walk, ask them to join you at the Festival.